May 16, 2015

Supporting My Kiddos {Autism Awareness}

As a teacher, I'm surrounded by all types of children.  Some are quiet while others 
are very outspoken.  Some are athletic while others are more artistic.  My kids range 
from every ethnicity and every socioeconomic background.  They each have their 
own story, and I love each and every one of them for their own unique gifts.

This year was the first year I've taught ASD {Autism Spectrum Disorder} students.  
My three ASD kiddos all have very unique needs and have very different personalities.  

They have taught me so much.  My support staff and I work and learn with the kiddos 
each day.  It's hard to put it into words, but I have so much love and compassion for them.


I bought this bracelet from Morning Treasures on Etsy.  It's a small gesture to show 
my love and support for my ASD kiddos.  Even though the school year is almost over, 
I'm absolutely thrilled that they will be in a 2nd grade classroom right down the 
hall from me next year.  I'm excited to see them continue to grow and learn!


No comments:

Post a Comment